Top Manufacturing Trends for 2019
The following trends reflect how manufacturers plan on reaching revenue, operational, digital, and new products/services goals in 2019.
- IT systems and operational technologies (OT) systems will converge. The merging of IT and OT systems will create smarter, connected solutions making it easier for businesses to face the increased pressure of changing customer demands (i.e.: faster fulfillment and transparency).
- Manufacturers will evolve their business models to meet evolving customer demands. Manufacturers will need to re-evaluate their value chain to optimize performance and better meet customer expectations.
- Intelligent Manufacturing. Technology is becoming smarter. Manufacturing and the products produced by manufacturers are driven by technology. With the cloud, IoT, AI, and machine learning delivering intelligence instantly, manufacturing supply chains will become more intelligent in 2019.
- Manufacturing technology evolves. Innovations like autonomous devices, advanced materials, and AR/VR will gain broader adoption in 2019. With this adoption comes improved workflows, new product opportunities, and new levels of productivity and collaboration.
- Businesses adapt to an evolving workforce. As manufacturers continue to deal with the skills gap, they must find new ways to fill critical roles. In 2019 this will include trying to sell young/tech-savvy workers on a career in manufacturing, retrain older employees, look to foreign labor, and tap the emerging gig economy to meet temporary labor demands.
- Living in the age of uncertainty. 2018 was a year with great uncertainty, and trends suggest that 2019 will be no different. From tariffs and trade policy to data protection, manufacturers must work to bridge the gap, improve operations, provide transparency, and deliver the best products and experiences they can.
Read Other Blog Posts:
The process of rubber molding has helped shape the way that we use rubber in today’s world. Rubber molding consists of shaping rubber into the desired shape. Following is a list of some of the technologies/molding practices used when creating rubber solutions....
With the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, many organizations are having to adjust their way of working. During times of change, and when your workforce needs to shift how it works, your culture may come under pressure. You may have individuals and teams working for...
Welcome to "Panova Positivity!" We are happy to be sharing Some Good News from the Manufacturing Industry with all of you; because the world needs some positivity now more than ever! If you have any good news, stories, or experiences that you would like to share with...